Join Our Team!
RxEOB is a fast-paced, responsive, dynamic group of experts with an intense passion for helping payers, physicians, and consumers to achieve better, more cost-effective health outcomes.
RxEOB is always eager to hear from new talent. We’re in search of skilled, passionate people who share our vision and values, regardless of age, gender, ethnic background. We are not a virtual company and all positions work from our Richmond, VA office. Individuals who are interested in becoming a part of the RxEOB team and would like to be considered for employment are encouraged to send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RxEOB is an innovative leader in the health informatics and technology industry, serving millions of health plan members. Through our suite of products, we contribute outstanding clinical insight with consumer-friendly services and advanced technology to help people achieve optimal health through better distribution of information. We are a fast growing health information company working with health care professionals and patients to improve care: serving customers in all fifty states.
RxEOB is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to offer the following benefits package options to all RxEOB internal associates: Medical coverage, Dental coverage, 401K, Paid-Time-Off, Supplemental Insurance, and more!
Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Richmond, VA
As a full stack developer, you play a critical role in the creation of innovative solutions for our customers. You will help work within a cross-disciplinary team, comprised of both technical and subject matter experts, to identify and fulfill customer needs. Our work encompasses both internally designed product development and custom-built solutions for our customers. An ideal candidate would be comfortable in the occasionally frenetic environment of day-to-day operations (acting in a DevOps capacity), while also being equally at home in front of a whiteboard collaboratively designing and architecting new solutions and products. This individual would also help guide and educate developers on security, automation, and cloud architecture and technology. Motivated individuals that take initiative will do well.
- Design and develop deliverables as part of team, per internal and external client needs, including APIs, web services, and micro-services.
- Explain technical concepts, problems, and solutions to non-technical individuals.
- Define development standards and workflow with an eye toward regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate current technologies and trends.
- Debug and fix application issues and performance bottlenecks.
- Write unit tests to cover code written; while not strict adherents of TDD, we value stable code.
- Automate application deployment, data ETL, and other back-end processes.
- Participate in all stages of the software development cycle in an agile format.
- Back-end: .NET Stack – C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, and some Node.js.
- Front-end: Vue.js, AngularJS, d3.js, Bulma/Buefy, and others.
- DevOps: GitLab, Git, Slack + Hubot.
- Cloud: Azure (Virtual Machines & Services)
- General programming skill takes precedence over specific technologies.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience.
- Passion for technology and the ability to pick up new technical skills quickly.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with the strong communication skills that go along with that.
- MCSD, MCSE, MCP or Azure Solutions Architect certification a plus.
What can we do for you?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Great flexible work environment
Why join us?
We can offer you the opportunity to work with top-notch technologists and subject matter experts, on highly impactful and rewarding projects that address the leading problems of our time, such as high drug costs and access to care. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging and complex projects that will provide you with invaluable experience in a growing field that is projected to grow 15% by 2024.
Title: Client Solutions Specialist
Location: Richmond, VA
The Client Solutions Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to users by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; maintaining workstation and application performance. Our Client Solutions Specialists work closely with internal departments to ensure clients have correct and timely issue resolution. They are also responsible for providing exceptional customer service and building long lasting client relationships. This is an entry level position and the company will provide training to the right candidate.
Come join a fast-paced, dynamic team and lend a hand in building products that make a difference in people’s lives!
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 to 3 years’ experience in health informatics/account management
- Must be able to use MS Office 365 (especially Excel), Fogbugz
- Be able to structure basic SQL and read file layout documentation.
- Analytical, Problem Solving and Decision-making skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, written and verbal communication, facilitation, superior communication skills with a focus on providing client service excellence.
- Account management or project management skills a plus
- Full-time position.
- Full benefits package, including health, dental, 401K, etc.
- Generous PTO, that increases with each year of service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law